- Richmond Valley Council is a progressive organisation committed to making the Richmond Valley an even better place to live, work and play. We aim to do this by delivering a stronger economy and ensuring our community has a say in the decisions we make on delivery of services for our community.
- We at RVC believe our culture brings with it tremendous opportunities. Our Corporate values and behaviours are the foundation of our culture.
- We are committed to attracting and retaining the best possible staff. Our goal is to be an employer of choice and we believe this is achieved through the opportunities and support we provide current and prospective staff.
Please visit Information For Applicants for more detail regarding benefits Richmond Valley Council has to offer.
Our Corporate Values and Behaviours
Integrity and Passion
Customer Service. Communication. Teamwork. Initiative. Accountability
About the Role
Full time: 35 hour week
Salary: Range from $46,846 to $53,872 pa + 9.5% super
Closing date: Sunday, 22 October 2017
Contact: Gary Ellem - (02) 6660 0359
The primary purpose of the role is to provide exceptional mobile library services for the Richmond-Upper Clarence region ensuring equal access to residents and meet the needs of library users.
We are seeking someone who has:
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills to enable understanding and application of safety and work related procedures
- Current Class HR Driver Licence
- Appropriate level of experience in the operation and servicing of such vehicles
- Ability to work independently and problem solve issues and situations in a remote environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with patrons, staff and management
- Awareness of equal employment opportunity and work health and safety principles
- Knowledge of regional/constituent council/local community arrangements
- Knowledge of regional book stock categories, including basic divisions of Dewey decimal classification and regional library call numbers and prefix codes
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn new software and systems
- Demonstrated conduct aligned with Council’s corporate behaviours supporting our values
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document and then copy and paste these into the fields below.
- Please review the Role Description, outlining the key responsibilities and requirements of the role.
- We encourage you to speak with the contact person listed above to understand whether this is the right role for you.
- Complete the questions below, demonstrating your skill, experience and interpersonal suitability for the role. Click "Next".
- Attach your resume. (You may also attach a cover letter - this is optional). The names of your documents should not contain any characters other than letters, numbers and spaces. Click "Next".
- Review your application to ensure everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.