Do you have experience in the waste management industry with a focus on licencing and compliance and a genuine passion for the environment?
We are looking person to manage projects or components of projects and take responsibility for Council Environment Protection Authority (EPA) licenced premises in relation to environmental compliance. The successful applicant will act as a conduit between Council and the EPA in respect to compliance matters and legislative changes.
Located in beautiful far north NSW, the Richmond Valley is a beautiful place to live and work, boasting beautiful countryside and some of the best beaches in NSW. We are a dynamic council that is innovative, forward thinking and focussed on our community's ongoing development.
Please visit Working With Us for more detail regarding benefits Richmond Valley Council has to offer.
Our Corporate Values and Behaviours
Integrity and Passion
Customer Service. Communication. Teamwork. Initiative. Accountability
- You have experience in the waste management industry and knowledge of the industry, the regulatory environment and emerging technologies, or capacity to develop your skills
- You have a strong understanding of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act and other related regulations
- You understand Environment Protection Authority Licences and their compliance requirements and knowledge of the waste industry, the regulatory environment and emerging technologies
- You have tertiary qualifications in environmental health, waste management or similar related field.
- You are a great communicator who can engage with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve good outcomes.
About the Role
Full time: 19 day month
Salary: Range from $63,570 to $82,102 pa + 9.5% super
Closing date: 11:30pm Sunday, 10 November 2019
Contact: Carla Dzendolet, Coordinator Waste and Resource Recovery - 0437 035 272
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure the protection of our environment by providing support for Council’s EPA licenced sites, resource recovery facilities and the development and planning of the strategic direction of resource recovery and waste management in accordance with the Richmond Valley Council Community Strategic Plan.
We are seeking someone who has:
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills to enable understanding and application of safety and work related procedures
- Sound experience in the waste management industry and knowledge of the industry, the regulatory environment and emerging technologies, or capacity to develop skills
- Sound understanding of the Protection of the Environment Operations Act and regulations
- Sound understanding of Environment Protection Authority Licence compliance and knowledge of the industry, the regulatory environment and emerging technologies
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental health, waste management or similar related fields
- Construction Induction Certificate (WHS White Card)
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Demonstrated conduct aligned with Council’s corporate behaviours supporting our values
NOTE: As the activities of this position could involve exposure to Hepatitis A and B or Q Fever, the employee will be vaccinated against these hazards or required to provide proof of immunity against these diseases/ designated person etc clauses in here.
NOTE: It is a requirement that the incumbent of this role completes a Disclosure of Interest Return as this role has been determined to be a designated person position.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document and then copy and paste these into the fields below.
- Please review the Role Description, outlining the key responsibilities and requirements of the role.
- We encourage you to speak with the contact person listed above to understand whether this is the right role for you.
- Complete the questions below, demonstrating your skill, experience and interpersonal suitability for the role. Click "Next".
- Attach your resume. (You may also attach a cover letter - this is optional). The names of your documents should not contain any characters other than letters, numbers and spaces. Click "Next".
- Review your application to ensure everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.