Are you experienced in governance or finance and looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for a motivated person to provide a high level of support to our Governance and Finance teams.
The Richmond Valley local government area is located in the heart of the Northern Rivers region of NSW; around three hours from Brisbane. With it being one of regional NSW's fastest-growing areas, the Richmond Valley provides many reasons to relocate with great lifestyle benefits and the opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. The region's community is welcoming and friendly, which is why it has become a popular location for sea and tree changers who have had enough of traffic jams, congestion and long work hours.
Please visit Working With Us for more detail regarding benefits Richmond Valley Council has to offer.
Integrity and Passion
The Way We Do Business
We lead by example. We take responsibility. We do what we say. We embrace change. We are community focused. We are in this together
- You have an exceptional eye for detail
- You are a fast learner
- You are accountable for what you do and deliver on projects
- You have a ‘can do’ attitude
- You are a team player and have a positive outlook
About the Role
Full time: 19 day month
Salary: Range from $58,162 to $66,887 pa + 9.5% super
Closing date: 11:30pm Sunday 18 April 2021
Contact: Kate Allder-Conn - 02 6660 0347
The primary purpose of the role is to provide a high level of support to Council’s governance function, together with providing a quality controlled posting of financial transactions to Council’s corporate information system. The role will relieve the Governance Coordinator and Creditors Coordinator as required.
We are seeking someone who has:
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills to enable understanding and application of safety and work-related procedures
- High level communication and interpersonal skills, discretion and confidentiality
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a financial environment
- Customer service experience in handling phone enquiries
- Demonstrated keyboard skills, an eye for detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Knowledge of PC based applications including Word and Excel
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Demonstrated conduct aligned with Council’s corporate behaviours supporting our values
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document and then copy and paste these into the fields below.
- Please review the Role Description, outlining the key responsibilities and requirements of the role.
- We encourage you to speak with the contact person listed above to understand whether this is the right role for you.
- Complete the questions below, demonstrating your skill, experience and interpersonal suitability for the role. Click "Next".
- Attach your resume. (You may also attach a cover letter - this is optional). The names of your documents should not contain any characters other than letters, numbers and spaces. Click "Next".
- Review your application to ensure everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.