The Richmond Valley local government area is located in the heart of the Northern Rivers region of NSW; around three hours from Brisbane. With it being one of regional NSW's fastest-growing areas, the Richmond Valley provides many reasons to relocate with great lifestyle benefits and the opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. The region's community is welcoming and friendly, which is why it has become a popular location for sea and tree changers who have had enough of traffic jams, congestion and long work hours.
Please visit Working With Us for more detail regarding benefits Richmond Valley Council has to offer.
About the Role
Full time: 9 day fortnight
Salary: Range from $48,245 to $55,484 pa + 9.5% super
Closing date: 11:30pm Sunday, 20 June 2021
Contact: David Magner, Overseer Water Sewer - 0410 405 355
The primary purpose of the role is to provide a high level of service in the maintenance, construction and repair of water, sewer and drainage infrastructure in line with Council’s delivery and operational plans.
- Assisting with CCTV inspections and associated cleaning of infrastructure
- Assisting with setting out works, establish line and level for construction purposes
- Assisting with the operation and maintenance of water and wastewater treatment systems
- Ensuring works comply with safety, environmental and health regulations
- Actively listen ensuring your ability to follow instructions and guidance
- Are an excellent communicator and will positively participate as a team player
- Have a strong work ethic and a willingness to do what is required to deliver quality outcomes
- Have an eye for detail and are dedicated to safety in the workplace
- Are flexible and adaptive to change and available to be placed on an on-call roster
We are seeking someone who has:
- Demonstrated labouring experience, preferably in water and sewer maintenance and/or construction
- Demonstrated competence in small plant operation and the use of hand tools, including maintenance
- SafeWork Construction Induction Certificate (WHS White Card)
- Current Class MR Driver Licence
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of Work Health and Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity principles
- SafeWork accredited certificate for Traffic Controller
- SafeWork accredited certificate for Implement Traffic Control Plans
- Demonstrated conduct aligned with Council’s corporate behaviours supporting our values
NOTE: As the activities of this position could involve exposure to Hepatitis A and B or Q Fever, the employee will be vaccinated against these hazards or required to provide proof of immunity against these diseases.
Integrity and Passion
The Way We Do Business
We lead by example. We take responsibility. We do what we say. We embrace change. We are community focused. We are in this together
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document and then copy and paste these into the fields below.
- Please review the Role Description, outlining the key responsibilities and requirements of the role.
- We encourage you to speak with the contact person listed above to understand whether this is the right role for you.
- Complete the questions below, demonstrating your skill, experience and interpersonal suitability for the role. Click "Next".
- Attach your resume. (You may also attach a cover letter - this is optional). The names of your documents should not contain any characters other than letters, numbers and spaces. Click "Next".
- Review your application to ensure everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.