Do you have an interest in Waste and Resource Recovery?
We are currently looking for an experienced operator to undertake routine waste management tasks. You would screen and sort incoming waste, operate and maintain plant, maintain accurate records of all incoming waste and outgoing recyclable and reusable material, receipt and balance monies daily using current gatehouse software and work in a safe manner having regard for self and others.
The Richmond Valley local government area is located in the heart of the Northern Rivers region of NSW; around three hours from Brisbane. With it being one of regional NSW's fastest-growing areas, the Richmond Valley provides many reasons to relocate with great lifestyle benefits and the opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. The region's community is welcoming and friendly, which is why it has become a popular location for sea and tree changers who have had enough of traffic jams, congestion and long work hours.
Please visit Working With Us for more detail regarding benefits Richmond Valley Council has to offer.
About the Role
Full time: 9 day fortnight
Salary: Range from $49,961 to $57,454 pa + 9.5% super
Closing date: 11:30pm Sunday 20 June 2021
Contact: Malcolm Massey, Overseer Waste Management - 0436 609 412
The primary purpose of the role is to provide a high level of service, support and maintenance in the operation of Council's waste and resource recovery facilities.
- Screen and sort incoming waste accurately to minimise quantities directed to landfill
- Provide efficient and effective administrative support including maintaining accurate records of all incoming waste and outgoing recyclable and reusable material, receipt of monies and daily balancing using current weighbridge software
- Operate and maintain plant to complete routine waste management tasks
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change, demonstrating a willingness to do what is required to deliver quality outcomes
- You are flexible, adaptable and responsive to change, demonstrating a willingness to do what is required to deliver quality outcomes
- You are positive, supportive and proactively participate as a team player in the achievement of team goals
- You have a 'can do' attitude in your approach to meet expectations of Council and the community we serve
- You possess a safety first attitude in everything you do and will lead by example in the promotion of WHS in your team
We are seeking someone who has:
- Minimum two (2) years experience (or equivalent) in the operations of a landfill/waste/resource recovery facility or a facility of a similar capacity and type
- Construction Induction Certificate (WHS White Card)
- Nationally accredited certificate of competency for LL – Front End Loader
- Nationally accredited certificate of competency for LE – Excavator
- SafeWork High Risk Licence for LF – Fork Lift
- Experience in cashiering and balancing money floats
- Current Class HR Driver Licence
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to work health and safety, equal employment opportunity and cultural diversity principles
- Demonstrated conduct aligned with Council’s corporate behaviours supporting our values
NOTE: As the activities of this position could involve exposure to Hepatitis A and B or Q Fever, the employee will be vaccinated against these hazards or required to provide proof of immunity against these diseases.
Integrity and Passion
The Way We Do Business
We lead by example. We take responsibility. We do what we say. We embrace change. We are community focused. We are in this together
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document and then copy and paste these into the fields below.
- Please review the Role Description, outlining the key responsibilities and requirements of the role.
- We encourage you to speak with the contact person listed above to understand whether this is the right role for you.
- Complete the questions below, demonstrating your skill, experience and interpersonal suitability for the role. Click "Next".
- Attach your resume. (You may also attach a cover letter - this is optional). The names of your documents should not contain any characters other than letters, numbers and spaces. Click "Next".
- Review your application to ensure everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.