The Richmond Valley local government area is located in the heart of the Northern Rivers region of NSW; around three hours from Brisbane. With it being one of regional NSW's fastest-growing areas, the Richmond Valley provides many reasons to relocate with great lifestyle benefits and the opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. The region's community is welcoming and friendly, which is why it has become a popular location for sea and tree changers who have had enough of traffic jams, congestion and long work hours.
Please visit Working With Us for more detail regarding benefits Richmond Valley Council has to offer.
- Experienced in the operation of rotary drum road stabilisers, including performing operator maintenance and cleaning
- A team player with a good understanding of road pavement materials, specifications and quality requirements
- Committed to keeping the stabiliser clean and tidy and reporting any issues or mechanical problems through the correct channels
- Have a ‘safety first’ mindset so that you keep yourself and others safe on the job at all times
- Accountable for your performance and commitment to the organisation’s values and behaviours
About the Role
Full time: 9 day fortnight
Salary: Range from $55,780 to $64,147 pa + 9.5% super
Closing date: 11:30pm Sunday, 20 June 2021
Contact: David Timms, Manager Infrastructure Services - 0475 959 715
The primary purpose of the role is to operate a road stabiliser (in situ stabilisation) to provide a high level of service in the rehabilitation and construction of sealed and unsealed pavements in line with Council’s delivery and operational plans, including:
- Operating a rotary drum road stabiliser, including performing routine operator maintenance e.g. changing teeth and boots
- Applying your skills and experience to avoid the potential danger, damage, inconvenience and cost that can be caused by digging up services (telecommunication, water, sewer, electrical etc.) by ensuring all services are located prior to stabilisation works and their depths are known
- Assisting with road construction and rehabilitation and maintenance activities ancillary to stabiliser operation, including labouring duties as directed
- Applying your skills and experience to perform stabilisation tasks being aware of matters including but not limited to: binder types, pavement materials, moisture, mixing results, material calculations, application rates, uniformity, travel speed, mixing depth etc.
- Undertaking routine daily inspection and maintenance of the stabiliser that would be expected of an operator which may include but not be limited to; pre-start checks, fluid level checks, greasing, teeth and drum inspection, hydraulic hoses and connections, water pump and hose connections, electrical system checks etc.
We are seeking someone who has:
- Competent numeracy and literacy skills to enable understanding and application of safety and work related procedures
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the operation of rotary drum road stabilisers for pavement construction and rehabilitation
- Experience in road construction and maintenance techniques, processes and quality control for both sealed and unsealed pavements
- Construction Induction Certificate (WHS White Card)
- Proven competency for the operation of a road stabiliser
- High Risk Work Licence for DG – Dogging
- Approved certificate for Work Near Overhead Power Lines
- Current Class HR Driver Licence
- Demonstrated conduct aligned with Council’s corporate behaviours supporting our values
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to work health and safety
NOTE: As the activities of this position could involve exposure to Hepatitis A and B or Q Fever, the employee will be vaccinated against these hazards or required to provide proof of immunity against these diseases.
Integrity and Passion
The Way We Do Business
We lead by example. We take responsibility. We do what we say. We embrace change. We are community focused. We are in this together
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document and then copy and paste these into the fields below.
- Please review the Role Description, outlining the key responsibilities and requirements of the role.
- We encourage you to speak with the contact person listed above to understand whether this is the right role for you.
- Complete the questions below, demonstrating your skill, experience and interpersonal suitability for the role. Click "Next".
- Attach your resume. (You may also attach a cover letter - this is optional). The names of your documents should not contain any characters other than letters, numbers and spaces. Click "Next".
- Review your application to ensure everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.