Are you looking for an exciting challenge that will allow you to work with the Richmond Valley Community?
We are currently seeking a well-organized person to support Council’s grant submissions and facility management within the Asset Planning area. With a focus on delivery you will have sharp administrative skills, and a knowledge of grant research and submission processes.
The Richmond Valley local government area is located in the heart of the Northern Rivers region of NSW; around three hours from Brisbane. With it being one of regional NSW's fastest-growing areas, the Richmond Valley provides many reasons to relocate with great lifestyle benefits and the opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. The region's community is welcoming and friendly, which is why it has become a popular location for sea and tree changers who have had enough of traffic jams, congestion and long work hours.
Please visit Working With Us for more detail regarding benefits Richmond Valley Council has to offer.
- Are committed to providing courteous professional service to our community facility users and stakeholders.
- Have excellent attention to detail ensuring delivery of quality submissions and applications
- Are an excellent communicator who can coordinate activities and keep all stakeholders informed
- Will positively participate as a team player for the achievement of goals
About the Role
Fixed term (to June 2022): 19 day month
Salary: Range from $60,548 to $69,633 pa + 9.5% super
Closing date: 11:30pm Sunday 20 June 2021
Contact: Andrew Leach, Manager Asset Planning - 0475 956 499
The primary purpose of the role is to provide a high level of support to facilitate grant funding process, and facilities within the Richmond Valley Council area.
We are seeking someone who has:
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills, including conflict resolution
- Advanced writing skills, including demonstrated experience with writing correspondence, reports and submissions in relation to grant funding
- Understanding of the requirements of coordinating a team of volunteers
- Proven skills and experience working with and assisting community groups and stakeholders
- Well-developed analytical skills and ability to develop practical solutions
- Intermediate skills in MS Office Suite and ability to learn new software/systems
- Current Class C Driver Licence
- Demonstrated conduct aligned with Council’s corporate behaviours supporting our values
Integrity and Passion
The Way We Do Business
We lead by example. We take responsibility. We do what we say. We embrace change. We are community focused. We are in this together
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document and then copy and paste these into the fields below.
- Please review the Role Description, outlining the key responsibilities and requirements of the role.
- We encourage you to speak with the contact person listed above to understand whether this is the right role for you.
- Complete the questions below, demonstrating your skill, experience and interpersonal suitability for the role. Click "Next".
- Attach your resume. (You may also attach a cover letter - this is optional). The names of your documents should not contain any characters other than letters, numbers and spaces. Click "Next".
- Review your application to ensure everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.