In this role you will:
· Support day-to-day water treatment plant operation tasks in accordance with all safety, legislative and reporting requirements
· Assist in delivering routine testing at the plant to the regulatory and Council requirements and standards, and respond to water quality issues with appropriate corrective actions
· Understand, apply and ensure that water treatment, storage and distribution comply with the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (ADWG) and the Council’s Drinking Water Management System (DWMS)
· Assist in carrying out routine repairs and maintenance of water & sewer infrastructure, including general housekeeping, minor repairs, preventative maintenance, and if required, escalate repair/maintenance needs to senior team members
· Contribute to a positive safety culture within the organisation through completion of required documentation, reporting incidents/hazards/near misses and contributing to team discussions
We are seeking someone who has or is willing to obtain:
NOTE: As the activities of this position could involve exposure to Hepatitis A and B and Q Fever, the employee will be vaccinated against these hazards or required to provide proof of immunity against these diseases.
Full time: 76 hour fortnight
Salary: Range from $50,195 to $57,725 pa + 10.5% super
Closing date: 11:30pm Sunday, 19 March 2023
Contact: Sandeep Chugh, Operations Coordinator Water and Sewer - 0439 411 504
We are proud to have won multiple awards for our culture including: Outstanding Employer of the Year by NSW Northern Business Chamber 2019, Large Employer of the Year by Training NSW 2016 and Best Tap Water in Australia 2022!
The Richmond Valley LGA is the base of the Northern Rivers region of NSW. The area is around three hours from Brisbane and less than an hour to Byron Bay. Richmond Valley and our surrounding areas are some of the most beautiful and desired in the country. Why wait in bumper-to-bumper traffic when you can drive past the gorgeous beaches, through rolling hills and fully embrace the benefits of regional living. Your "office" will range from beautiful coastal villages and country towns to vast fertile farm lands.
The region's community is welcoming and friendly, which is why it has become a popular location for sea and tree changers who have had enough of traffic jams, congestion and long work hours.
We are proud to have won multiple awards for our culture including: Outstanding Employer of the Year by NSW Northern Business Chamber, and Large Employer of the Year by Training NSW.
Richmond Valley has a generous Leave Management Policy including three weeks sick leave, compassionate leave, and volunteer leave to name a few. Our Health & Wellbeing Program includes Fitness Passports, free yoga each week, free meditation and a fun Health & Wellbeing day alongside many other initiatives.
We are a strong believer in developing those who want to learn more, master their field or enter a new one, our Learning & Development strategy supports professional growth that aligns to organisational need. Leadership is very important to Richmond Valley and we invest every year in our Leadership team with the aim of making all staff at Council empowered and engaged.
Please visit Working With Us for more detail regarding benefits Richmond Valley Council has to offer and here for more information about the Regional Job Precincts.
Integrity and Passion
The Way We Do Business
We lead by example. We take responsibility. We do what we say. We embrace change. We are community focused. We are in this together
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document and then copy and paste these into the fields below.